The Recreation Department manages District programming, events, and senior services. If you would like to rent a park or facility, have questions about enrollment or program offerings, staff will be able to assist you.
Jose P. Rizal Community Center, 7320 Florin Mall Drive: (916) 395-0601
- Richard Lincoln, Recreation Manager
- Marge McCuan, Assistant Recreation Manager
- Cheryl Denton, Recreation Supervisor I (Sports and Special Events)
- Sean Thompson, Operations & Maintenance Supervisor
- Kate Miller, Recreation Supervisor II
- Nyanda Dixon, Recreation Supervisor I (Camps & Facility Rentals)
- Ricky Fields, Recreation Supervisor I
- Steve Gonzalez, Building Maintenance Worker
Get the latest community news, class listings, and event schedule.
Registration is Easy!
Register for classes and activities offered by Southgate Recreation & Park District.
Southgate Recreation & Park District Refund Policy
Programs, Classes, and Activities:
Refunds and transfers are granted without fees for cancellations received at least 72
hours prior to the first class. Failure to attend a class does not constitute grounds for a
refund. Refunds will be provided if an activity is canceled by the District. A transaction
fee may be charged for cancellations.
Payment of Refunds:
Refunds issued in the form of a check take up to 30 days to process. Refunds may be
issued to your Southgate ActiveNet account to use for future programs, classes,
activities, park rentals and/or facility rentals. Refunds to a Southgate ActiveNet account
are available earlier. Southgate Recreation & Park District reserves the right to cancel or change program
offerings, park permits or facility rentals at any time.