Are you ready to enter the workforce but have no idea where to start? Attend the Job Skills Workshop and we will help get you started. Learn the basics of what it means to be someone worth hiring.
Southgate Recreation & Park District is also looking for energetic, motivated individuals for temporary seasonal employment and year-round opportunities. Would you like to go to summer camp, run around on a playground, play sports, hang out at the pool—and get paid for it? Apply for a job working in recreation while you’re at the workshop.
This FREE event is a can’t miss opportunity for teens and young adults interested in joining the general workforce or working with the District.
- Check out booths showcasing recreation programs currently hiring for spring/summer and year-round positions. Examples of jobs include lifeguards, swim instructors, receptionists, camp leaders, basketball referees/scorekeepers, building monitor/custodians and more. Both paid positions and internships are available.
- Meet and talk to the supervisors who oversee various programs. Learn about the programs, positions available and job requirements.
- Get your questions answered (e.g., “How much training is required for lifeguarding? Do you need experience to become a scorekeeper for basketball? Is there time off for family vacations?”).
- Pick up a job application or access one online at southgaterecandpark.net. Completed applications can be turned in at the event.
- Find out how to increase your chances of getting hired. Learn how to make contacts and prepare for an interview.
- Participate in a mock interview with a supervisor and receive feedback on your performance.
Working with the District is rewarding and fun, so the application process is often competitive. This workshop gives you the chance to learn what you need to know to go after the job you want. If you have any questions about this event, please call (916) 526-0234.