Amenities

  • Open Space
  • Picnic Area

Park Information

This park was one of the District’s first two parks, along with Crofoot Park. They were both donated in 1957 by Park Place, Inc. to enable the establishment of the District. A simple green open space, the park provides an expanse of grass surrounded by mature trees, and a picnic area for residents of the Parkway neighborhood. The design of this park was leading edge at the time. The well-built homes face the park on three sides for nice views and added park security. For many years this park was the final celebration site for the popular annual Parkway Estates Fourth of July parade.

Royal Park was renamed to honor the memory of fallen Sacramento County Deputy Kenneth B. Royal, who was killed in Sacramento in 1968 while responding to a felony incident.

Kenneth B. Royal Park

Address: 4711 C Parkway
Year Built: 1957
Size: 2.7 acres